City of Kings

Saint Sixte Diocesan House

In 1564, Reims welcomed the first seminary in France on Rue du Barbâtre, which has now been the place for training priests since the Council of Trent. The premises undergo regular transformations and were rebuilt by architect Émile Dufay-Lamy in 1924 so that bedrooms, classrooms and a chapel with stained-glass windows by Jacques Simon are all organised around a large cloister.