City of Kings
Le Vergeur museum
The Le Vergeur mansion was built in the 13th century. In the 16th century, it belonged to Nicolas Le Vergeur, a merchant and salt inspector, who transformed it and gave it the characteristic features of a private mansion with the internal façades arranged around a private courtyard. Remarkable collection of decorative arts, works of art illustrating the History of Reims and the Royal Coronations. Original engravings by Dürer. The collections grow bigger each year, thanks to the many generous donations received. The most exceptional bequest ever made to the Museum Le Vergeur is the complete, original series of prints of Apocalypse and the Large Passion by Albrecht Dürer (1471-1528), as well as other etchings such as Adam and Eve.
Listed as Monument Historique in 1990